Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

January 2, 2012

RICHTERSWIL

So I am now in a place called Richterswil and I love it. The best part about it is that I am with my MTC companion again, Sister Phillips. She is still one of the best people I have ever met. Now to be companions with her once more is a total blessing. We have had fun reminissing about the good times we had together in the MTC and also talking about what we have learned about ourselves, missionary work, and the people so far on our missions. We also found out that Sister Taysom is training. Sister Marquard (not sure about the spelling) is her new Golden. We are so excited for Sister Taysom. She is one of the best missionaries ever. We also recieved Sister Cannon in our Zone. She is awesome and grew up with one of my roommates. The world is sooooooo small. Life is so good as a missionary. We have such a great mission President as well. He has set the goal of doubling our baptisms for the next year. We are doing a special fast for our mission this coming Sunday so that we can not only build unity in the mission but also so that we can achieve the goal of having 300+ baptisms next year. I received a personal witness that this goal can and will be achieved if we do what the president has asked which is to 1) hand out a book of mormon everyday to someone who we feel inspired to give it to and who commits to read it 2) are exactly obedient 3) and if we read two chapters in the Book of Mormon each day. I am so proud to be a missionary in the Alpenländische Mission. I love seeing miracles each and everyday of my life. We met a woman on the train the other day and she was amazed at the book of mormon and that we would give our lives to the Lord for 18 months. She took the Book of Mormon and promised to read it. It was such a spiritual experience to hear her talk about Jesus Christ and about a dream that she had in which she can NEVER deny that Jesus is the Christ. We also met with a part-member family the other day and they are amazing. They read the Book of Mormon each evening as a family and pray together  daily. They are the sweetest people ever. I love my Savior. I know he LIVES. He loves each of his children. Especially YOU. May the Lord Bless you and may you continue to be missionary minded and seek out those that are straying from the fold. The only way that missionaries can have true success is if you get involved. I would invite you to pray for the Lord to show you someone in your path that you could share the beautiful message of the Restoration with them. I promise you as you do so, you will find a peace come into your life and a new friend throughout all eternity.

With all the Love I can muster,
Sister Fokken



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment