Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

June 20, 2011

Week 1

Hello there!
 
Well this first week has been crazy! It's been soo good though! I've only been here for 4 days and I've already taught twice! Auf Deutsch! Es ist sehr Wunderbar!!! Ich liebe Deutsch zu lehrnen! Anyways, I actually have two companions. Sister Taysom, from Rockland Idaho (Near Pocatello) and Sister Phillips from Meridian! Which is about 15 mins from where I lived when I moved to Boise last fall.
 
The MTC is seriously so amazing! Everyone says that if you can make it to Sunday, you will be fine. It only gets better from there! I am so excited to be here. I cannot tell you how much it means to me to have so many prayers said in my behalf. Thank you so much! They are working! I haven't really had an extremely hard day yet. Neither of my companions knew German before they came and so they've had it a little rough the past few days but they are doing soooo well! I testify that the gift of tongues is so real. Both of those sisters can now pray and bear testimony in a language they knew two words in German! I know that it is by the power of the Lord that their learning has been accelerated.
 
Sundays are by far my favorite days though. We mostly study and attend meetings which is the best ever! I love my district! We outnumber the Elders and I'm pretty sure that's the first time in HISTORY that's happened! We only have one set of Elders in our district so that means our district only has 5 missionaries! It's beautiful! We have already become like family and our Elders treat us like queens! They are going to be such good missionaries! I wish I could figure out how to upload pictures! We took the oh-so-famous picture of us all pointing to our mission on the map! We are so proud of where we are going! We had 12 of us in our zone arrive on Wednesday and all of us are going to the Alpine German-Speaking Mission! It's going to be amazing! We also get to meet our new mission president on Friday!
 
Wow, I wish I could describe everything I've felt this week and do it justice but if you've ever felt the love of God through the Holy Ghost, multiply that by 10 (atleast!) and that's how I feel almost all the time. I love this gospel. I have been so blessed on the paths I have taken in my life. The Lord truly blesses those who have a desire to serve! "If ye have a desire to serve, ye are called to the work... And faith, hope, charity and love with an eye single to the glory of God qualify him for the work." I know this gospel is true. I have prayed about it serveral times and get the same answer every time! Das Buch Mormon wahr ist. Joseph Smith einen Propheten von Gott ist. I KNOW it. I hope you know it too. If you are still searching for your answer, don't give up! He IS there and he IS listening and He DOES love you. More than any mortal ever could! Take Moroni's challange and ask sincerely if  things are true. The promise is not just for the gospel alone but he "testifies the truth of ALL things."
 
I hope this letter finds you well! I love you all! Take care!
 
Aufwiedersehen!
Sister Fokken



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment