Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

June 27, 2011

Week 2

Wow this week has been incredible we have had the whole first presidency and all the quorem of the twelve here at some point on campus this past week. On tuesday, Elder Bednar addressed us and 7 apostles were on the stand! He gave a great talk that was called Becoming "Preach my Gospel" Missionaries. He had 5 main points which were:
 
1) Understand that they serve and represent Jesus Christ
2) Are Worthy
3) Treasure up the words of Eternal LIfe (refer to Doctrine and Covenants 6; 11:21 and Alma 31:5)
4) Understand that the Holy Ghost is the ultimate and true teacher (Get out of the way! Let the Holy Ghost to his job!)
5) Teaching is much more than teaching and talking (Observe, listen, and discern before you speak)
 
The greatest part aws when he gave his Apostolic Promise that "You can do this!"
 
After the fireside, i met my mission president! President Miles! He is great! He served in Germany about 40 years ago and hasn't spoken German since! This will be a grand learning adventure for us all! :)
 
I love our purpose as missionaries "To invite others to come unto Christ by helping them receive  the restored Gospel through faith in Jesus Christ and his atonement, repentance, baptism recieve the gift of the hg and endure to the ende. live it love it!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment