Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

August 13, 2011

Farewell MTC

Welp, see ya later America! I'll be heading out to Munich on Monday morning! I cannot tell you how excited I am. This is the most amazing adventure I have ever been on. I have met new people that I feel will be my friends throughout the eternities and I get to continue the friendships as I go to spread the "good news" to the people in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. A mission has been a very interesting thing. One cannot describe it, one can only experience it. The power of God is real. The gift of tongues is real. The Spirit is real. I have grown so much in my time here; even if I went home now, I would never be the same again. Yesterday we had an In-Field training session and talked about The Doctrine of Christ. I love the purity, clarity, and simplicity of the doctrine of Christ. Every aspect of the Gospel points toward our Savior Jesus Christ and how we can become like Him. The process is easy to comprehend because it is so simply stated. Faith in Jesus Christ and His atonement. You dont have to KNOW how the atonement works, you just need to know how to WORK the atonement. Once we learn how to work the Atonement, we will better understand how we can fully and sincerely repent. In Preach My Gospel, we are told to, "repent daily." We are all mortals and make mistakes on a daily basis. We should not be so proud as to think that we went about our day perfectly, for no one does. If the prophets says that he repents daily, I'm sure we can find and acknowledge at least a few of our weaknesses or mistakes throughout the day. I promise as you strive to repent daily, you will have an added measure of the Spirit in your life and you will be able to better contribute to the building of the Kingdom of Heaven here on Earth. The Spirit will open YOUR eyes to those who are struggling that you would have not seen other wise.
 
The biggest thing we stressed yesterday in our meeting was that our purpose is to baptize. We know it is only through the grace of God that we can be saved in the last days at the gateway to His highest kingdom is Baptism. So yes, my purpose IS to baptize. We desire everyone to be baptized because we care for them. We love our fellow men. If I had a friend come to me and express their love, share what brings them happiness, and tell me I could return to my father in Heaven, I would love to know how. Especially if they told me that I could have a contant comfort, if I made the right decisions in my life, after I was baptized. We all know enduring to the end would be difficult but the Lord, knowing that obstacle before hand, thoughtfully provided us with our families and prophets in EVERY dispensation. I am so thankful for our current prophet, Thomas S Monson and the decisions he made in his life to live worthy and able to receive revelation for our day. We NEED it.
 
Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, I extend a call to all of you. You too are to be missionaries in the gospel. Please think of someone that you know that could use the gospel in their lives right now. Right this second. I'm not joking. If you cannot think of anyone, pray for someone to be placed in your path whose heart is prepared to receive the "good news" aka the gospel. The gospel is meant for everyone. We must work in the Lords timing, yes, but there is always someone that has been being prepared by the Lord. Remember that the Lord was already IN the vineyard when the servants came in Jacob 5, the alagory of the Olive Tree. Once you have someone in mind, invite the missionaries to your home. Tell them you have someone in mind that you would like to share the gospel with but don't know exactly how to go about it. I KNOW it is hard and I KNOW it takes courage to share something so precious to you. Missionaries have been there too! They were member missionaries before the mission as well! When you ask them what to say, they should have some pretty good ideas on how to best bring up the gospel. They are trained to relate everything to a gospel principle and to relate it quickly to the Restoration. Take courage and pray for the ability to share. If your friend says no, don't worry about it. It is just not the right time. They will thank you later for planting that seed and your attempt to help them find an ever lasting happiness.
 
I know this church is true. The Book of Mormon is the best book on the planet. It has the answers to every question  you could possibly think of. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I am so grateful for all that He has done for me in this life. I am so grateful for the opportunity to serve Him. It is the least I can do to give back what I have been given. I know that God cares about EACH of His children. He knows YOU! Not as just a son or daughter but He knows you by name and every small detail you care about, He cares about because He loves YOU. I know this is where I am supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing. Thank you to all who have made it possible. I love you! Take care! Until we meet again.
 
Sister Fokken



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment