Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

August 8, 2011

Testimony

Sorry I haven't posted for a while, I just wanted to share my testimony with you before I leave America for a while...
 
I know my father lives. I know that the Lord loves all of His children and that is why he has called me and many others to serve in Germany/Austria/Switzerland! I feel so blessed to have found favor in the Lord that He trust me to do His work. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know He lives! I know the Book of Mormon is the keystone of our religion and we would be lost without it. It truly is a sacred book of scripture that is to be use in companionship with the Bible. So often I have read the Bible and thought, "What exactly does that mean?" More often than not, there is a BoM scripture that explains it so much better than anyone ever could. This IS the work of the Lord that I am finding myself lost in. I couldn't think of a better place to be. My scripture for the week has been Proverbs 3:5-6. "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct your path." I couldnt image anyone else that I would want directing my path but a Father in Heaven who knows my potential. Who loves me more than I could ever dream!
 
I have modified my mission motto in the last few days to: The Savior Jesus Christ. Learn of Him. Come unto Him. Become like Him.
 
For it is Jesus Christ in whom I have chosen to be the center of my life and my mission. Doubt not, fear not. I know who my shephard is and I will do my best to gather His lost sheep in the Alpine Mission. If you have a few extra moments in your prayers, pray for all the missionaries, pray for missionary opportunities, and pray for His children to soften their hearts and let the message of the Restored Gospel in their souls, that they all may partake in the blessings of exaltation when the time comes.
 
Until Next time,
 Aufwiedersehen!



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment