Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

October 3, 2011

I'M GOING TO SWITZERLAND!!!!

That's right! Me and Sister Nelson, are assigned to serve in the Basel, Switzerland area! We are white washing the area since there are elders there right now. It will be a grand adventure for sure!! I am really excited but not excited about the 14 hour train ride there... yikes! But alles gute! I am still having the time of my life here and will definitely send some pictures of the area soon!

I don't really have time to type this week but just know that I love the Lord. I love that he allows us to experience challenges in our lives. I have seen so many blessings from past trials that I have overcome and am grateful for the person I am through these trials. I am so grateful for a living prophet today! Thomas S Monson is the sweetest, funniest, most spiritual man I know! I am so grateful that we have the opportunity to hear from our beloved leaders every 6 months! I have a lot of work to do in the next 6 months but I wouldn't ask for anything else! I love to keep busy! ;)

I hope you all have a glorious week! Thank you for all the love and support and the prayers you offer in my behalf! They are truly a blessing I feel on a daily basis! Keep on keeping on!

Tschüss!

Sister Fokken



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Sister Fokken
    My name is Rola Lin, I'm from Taiwan.
    I currently got my mission call, and it's in Alpine German-Speaking Mission, too.
    Since I've never been out of country before, especially to Europe...i was wondering, can you please give me some advices/suggestions before i report to MTC and start the missionary work?

    I'm sorry if it inconvenient you, but i really hope i can do as many preperations as i can before i go...

    I would really appreciate to hear from you...
    God Bless and Good luck!!
    Rola

    ReplyDelete