Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

April 17, 2012

April 16

This week has been really long because we didn't see too much success. Paulo came to an 8 year old's baptism but it was after our little 8 year old was baptized. He was there to witness the confirmation though. But the Taufgottesdienst war auf Schweize Deutsch... But luckily there was a man that could translate the talk on the Holy Ghost for him but still the confirmation he couldn't understand. But neither could I but the Spirit was there and Paulo had questions after. It was a great experience for him and the ward really likes him and talks to him a lot. He said that he thinks they talk to him just because he's like the "new toy" but I tried to reassure him that these people are just that way? And that they were happy and excited that he was there. He wasn't buying it though. He had another appointment to go to after the baptism so we said goodbye and he committed to come to church the next day. Sunday came, we called Paulo, no answer. Church started, no Paulo. We still have yet to hear from him. These are the times that I really do not like Satan... but Paulo just has to make a choice. We will be meeting with him again sometime this week I know. So hopefully everything is still okay.

Well I better get going. We are playing soccer as a whole ZONE today. It will be great. I am excited. I love soccer so much, and I mean we are in the LAND of soccer so its even better. :D

I hope you have a wonderful week.

Sister Fokken

No comments:

Post a Comment