Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

July 9, 2012

SORRY!!!!

I am really sorry it has been so long since I have written to everyone! I promise I have NOT forgotten you!

This week has been pretty.... interesting... but I wont bore you with the details. I am still living the good life with two of the best companions I could ever ask for. I am not ready to send Sister Nelson home and it is quietly approaching faster than it ever should... Did you know that I only have three transfers left!!???? That is so NOT okay. Three transfers ago I was in Richterswil in March... That was just yesterday.. I Promise. It comes up a lot since sister Nelson is leaving in a week and a half. Oh man... CRAZY!!!

We have some great news though! Jafari (investigator) came to church yesterday! He only got three hours of sleep but he woke up anyways to come to church and he looked really good too! He wore a suit! An Italian one and boy it was fancy! Even the members commented on how good it looked ;) We had a total of 3 investigators in Sacrament meeting! It was awesome. They are all such wonderful children of God. Please please please, if you see someone you dont know, GO TALK TO THEM AND FIND OUT WHO THEY ARE! Just go say hello and welcome! If they are members visiting great! If they just walked into the church, even better! If they are an investigator, you will make an impression on them that they will never forget!

This week I have learned a few things. It is important to work hard. It is important to be nice to your companions. I learned so much about being sensitive to your companion and learning how to hold your tongue and recognizing that each companion is different. I think it will be good to be with just one companion again so I dont have to CHOOSE who I am going to talk to... Dividing my attention has not been the most pleasant thing this transfer but I learned somewhat how to do it better. I learned to not take people's reactions to what I say because most of the time, it wasnt anything to do with what I said, just it was the last drop that caused the bucket to tip. Ya know what I mean? Iẗ́s been really cool to see one principle change my life forever.

In recent months I have spoken with a man named Elder Newsom who has changed my life forever! He taught me about the principle of agency and how to really truly apply it in my life. My mind exploded as the Lord enlightened my perspective and allowed me to see what really mattered in my life. I love this principle. If you are ever struggling with something, I would recommend studing this topic. It applies to almost everyone in every situation. And I cannot tell you how much I 've learned about it. But maybe someday, I can show you just how much it changed me. The truth really does set one free!

All in all, the Lord loves us and blesses us with the things we need.... ALWAYS. The Lord knows who we are. The desires of our hearts and what we need to get us to become all that he wants us to become. If something is hard, dont worry, keep going! He's been there too! He knows every care and sorrow you carry. Go to him and he will make your burdens light. I love you and wish you all the best in the upcoming week!

Mit alle meine Liebe,
Sister Fokken



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment