Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

September 19, 2011

Little Miracle

Sorry I dont have much time this week but I just wanted to share a quick story about a tender experience we had this week.

Saturday the weather had a mind of it's own. It was cold in the early morning, hot by noon and then started raining around 3 and got pretty chilly... We had a lot of things planned for the day: service for a few hours, an appointment with a less active, another appointment with an investigator, and one more less active later that night. Well, when we went to go do the service, the family wasn't there and didn't answer the phone so we started hunting down some less actives. We found one who hasn't been to church in 6 years or so and said that the Elders used to come by all the time! His face fell sad when we told him we couldn't come in... We were heart broken but because we have a testimony of obedience, we just prayed for him because that was all we really could do... Then we headed to the other less active appointment. Boy that is always an adventure... but we had Sister Bernier there who is the Relief Society president to help us out and share her testimony which was great! On our way to the other investigator, his name is Herr Wolfberger (he has come a long ways! He has quit smoking but can't get baptized until he comes to church which is the only thing we really are struggling with him) it started pouring down rain. Since Herr Wolfsberger is a single man, we would either need another female over 18 or to go outside. Neither option was looking to good. Then a miracle happened.

As we pulled up to Herr Wolfsberger's apartment, we called the member that lived across the street to see if she would come but she didn't answer her phone. It was my turn to pray for the appointment and so thus I began. I prayed for either the member to call us or that the rain would stop. As we got out the car, the sun escaped from behind the clouds and the rain ceased entirely. I know for a fact that the Lord answers prayers of the faithful. I know that we were meant to have that appointment with Herr Wolfsberger. I testify that the Lord lives and loves each of His children. He knows YOU individually just as well as he knows me! If we turn to him with full purpose of heart, he will great us the desires of His heart. For our desires will be His desires.

I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Until next time.
Sister Fokken



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment