Pages

Sister Renee Fokken

My photo
Why hello! Welcome to my missionary blog! I'm glad you found it! As most of you well know, I will soon be serving in the Alpine German-Speaking Mission where I will take upon me the name of Jesus Christ and serve him for a period of 18 months, striving to bring souls closer to Christ. I report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on June 15, 2011 and will return home in December of 2012. While I am away, my lovely sister has taken the task to post on here my weekly e-mails home to the family! Feel free to read them or just glance at any pictures I'll send home! And always remember to be continually seeking for those who are looking for the truth and know not where to find it; our Father has sent me abroad to help gather his sheep in Germany/Austria/Switzerland and you can do so where ever you may live. :)

October 30, 2012

August 27

Well hello there! So Felix, his wife Edith and his daughter Friede all sat and listened to us last week as we explained about the Book of Mormon. It was really wonderful to see the wife's mind change through out the lesson as she felt the spirit more and more. At the beginning she told us that she has heard of the Book of Mormon and that the people who read it and follow it's teachings become crazy and worship the devil. (hehe) I just smiled and asked if we could use a scripture. 2 Nephi 25:26 to be exact. When I asked if she would read it, she refused. She was literally scared of the Book. I said that was fine, I would read it. I read it and explained that the purpose of the Book of Mormon was to help lead others CLOSER to Christ, not further from him. After that, we asked Felix to read but I guess he had a welding accident and so he can't see too well. She, Edith, volunteered to read and we asked her to read a few more chapters (Alma 40-42) and she gladly obliged, and wanted to make sure she was there the next time we came to visit. They are very curious about religion and I would love to see them come, as a family, into the Gospel and experience it for themselves! We will see what the Lord has in store for them right now. :) So many times this week Sister Hatch has looked at me and asked what I was thinking about and nearly every time I was thinking about an investigator, how I can be a better missionary, or a member we should go visit or serve. I really don't know what I will think about when I go home... It is so much easier to focus on others while serving a mission because honestly that is the ONLY way one will survive in this jungle. We need every blessing we can get from the Lord and they will only come if we are doing our best to serve him and working for Him and loving His children. This life is so hard. But so good at the same time. I will certainly be pushing all unmarried women around the age of 21 to serve a mission. It truly is the best life preparation anyone could ever imagine. I am so grateful I am serving a mission. I like what Dad told me in his last e-mail that he has been involved in more baptisms after his mission than he ever was ON his mission. That's what I want to be like. There is no end to this mission. Not until the Great Jehovah shall come and say, "The work is done." Then we can stop finding. But we will always, ALWAYS be teaching someone somewhere, and learning from everyone around us. It will be so great! Love, Sister Fokken

No comments:

Post a Comment